Wholesome Harvest Breads bring the happy to happy hour. Take this Butternut & Brie Bruschetta on our Harvest Grain Baguette. It features the whole grain goodness you need, with the festive flavors you crave.
- 1 Wholesome Harvest Grain Baguette cut into ½-inch thick slices
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
6 oz. Brie cheese
4 cups spinach
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and onions and stir frequently until the onions are soft and caramelized (approximately 40 minutes). Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- While the onion is cooking, combine butternut squash, salt, sage and remaining olive oil in a medium bowl, and mix until well combined. Transfer to a baking sheet, and roast in the oven until tender (approximately 25 minutes).
- Spread Brie on each baguette slice, and arrange on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and cook until bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted (approximately 5 minutes).
- In the same skillet that was used to cook the onions, sauté the spinach over low heat until wilted (approximately 3 minutes).
- Top each bread slice with onions, spinach and butternut squash.