This vegetarian melt is a decadent way to get plant-based protein and whole grains into your diet.
- 2 slices Wholesome Harvest® Multigrain Bread with Sorghum Flour
- 2 tbsp. pesto
- 2 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup kale
- ½ cup cucumber, spiralized
- ½ cup zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Spread pesto evenly on each slice of bread. Place 1 slice of Mozzarella cheese on 1 bread slice. Top with kale, spiralized cucumber, spiralized zucchini, remaining slice of Mozzarella cheese and remaining bread slice.
- Butter each side of the sandwich and place in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, flipping intermittently, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown on both sides (approximately 3-5 minutes).