Grilled Vegetable Triple Decker
Sweet grilled vegetables are paired with savory olive tapenade and creamy goat cheese for a vegetarian-friendly sandwich with a healthy whole-grain crunch.
- 12 slices Wholesome Harvest Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups chopped mixed grilled vegetables
- 1/4 cup olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and grill for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until grill-marked and toasted.
- Spread olive tapenade on 4 of the grilled bread slices.
- Top evenly with arugula and half the veggies.
- Spread goat cheese spread evenly on 4 of the grilled bread slices.
- Top evenly with remaining veggies.
- Stack these on top of the olive tapenade bread slices.
- Cap with remaining bread slices. Secure with toothpicks and slice in half.