A decadent treat to enjoy with a loved one. Special tool needed: Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- 3 slices Wholesome Harvest Country White Bread
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Powdered Sugar for Serving
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut hearts out of bread slices.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly. Soak one heart slice in the mix and make sure it is completely soaked. Carefully place the soaked slice in the hot oil and cook for about 30 seconds. Flip and cook until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Repeat soaking and cooking process with remaining heart-shaped breads.
- Spread 2 tablespoons each of chocolate spread on 2 slices and layer with raspberries. Stack slices atop one another, capping with third, plain slice. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.