This sandwich is layered with a mix of savory tastes and tons of whole grains. Add some spicy giardiniera to give your meal that extra kick!
- 8 slices Wholesome Harvest Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices smoked prosciutto
- 16 slices mild genoa salami
- 16 slices spicy genoa salami
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- 8 slices buffalo mozzarella
- 20 fresh basil leaves torn into bite size pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8 stuffed queen green olives finely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil and balsamic glaze and set aside.
- Brush bread slices evenly with balsamic mixture.
- Begin assembling each sandwich with 2 slices of prosciutto, 4 slices of spicy genoa and 4 slices of mild genoa.
- Continue layering with 2 slices of mozzarella, 4 red pepper slices and 5 torn basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with remaining bread. Enjoy.