Kale Pesto & Prosciutto Grilled Cheese
A gooey grilled cheese with whole grain goodness? Yes, please!
- 4 slices Wholesome Harvest® 9 Grain & Seed Bread
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 tbsp. Kale Pesto (recipe follows)
Kale Pesto Ingredients:
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups kale, torn
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Make Kale Pesto. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally for even cooking. Add toasted walnuts to a food processor with garlic; pulse until minced. Add kale, basil, salt, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and Parmesan. Blend well. With food processor still running, slowly add olive oil through opening in lid. Blend until smooth and everything is well-incorporated.
- Make grilled cheese. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread, butter side down, on a cutting board. Spread kale pesto on two slices of bread. Top each with one slice of Havarti, two slices of prosciutto, a second slice of Havarti and a second slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and cook 4-5 minutes, or until bread is golden and cheese starts to melt. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes, or until cheese has completely melted and bread is golden on the second side. Serve immediately.