Your family will fall for this decadent whole grain breakfast treat.
- 1 loaf Wholesome Harvest Golden Wheat Bread
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- Vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Powdered sugar, to taste
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Trim the crusts from each slice of bread. Use a rolling pin or drinking glass to roll bread slices flat.
- Spread cream cheese on one end of each flattened bread slice. Spread 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie filling over the cream cheese. Starting at the end with the cream cheese and pumpkin pie filling, roll each slice into a log and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add vegetable oil and let simmer.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon sugar until well combined.
- Dunk roll ups in egg mixture, coating all sides of each slice and carefully place in the hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown and then flip. Cook until all sides are golden brown. Remove roll ups from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Transfer roll ups to a serving plate. Sprinkle with pecans and powdered sugar. Drizzle on desired amount of maple syrup and serve!