Proving decadence can be good for you – this indulgent French toast is filled with a coffee-flavored cream filling.
- 4 slices Wholesome Harvest Sweet Wheat and Oat Bread
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp icing sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee or instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix mascarpone cheese with 2 tbsp icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Dissolve coffee granules in vanilla and stir into mascarpone mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly onto two bread slices and top with remaining slices.
- Whisk eggs with milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture.
- Melt butter in skillet set over medium-heat.
- Cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Dust with cocoa powder and remaining icing sugar and serve warm